Sorry, there are no products in this collection
After staying in the mother's womb for nine months, a newborn baby might be disturbed with the excess onslaught of stimuli. To provide a peaceful sleep, while maintaining the right posture for babies at the same time, parents can make use of baby sleeping pods.
What is a Sleeping Pod for Babies?
- Sleeping pods, also known as baby pods, are a kind of a mattress which has padded sides. These padded sides of the sleeping pods are narrow yet cosy. They provide a safe and sung sleeping area for your baby and toddlers.
- Sleeping pods are becoming popular these days because they can be used as a portable sleeping space for daytime naps.
- The baby will sleep in a cosy environment, just like the mother’s womb. During the night, the sleeping pod can also be placed between the parents.
- The sleeping pod can also fit in cots and prams as they are available in different sizes.
- Sleeping pods can be used for babies aged between day 1 to 6 months.
- Sleeping pods also help in teaching the baby how to sleep independently in their beds and can be placed in cot beds.
- Sleeping pods can also be used for tummy times and even as diaper changing mats.
Benefits of Using a Sleeping Pod
Baby pods are designed in consultation with the health experts, paediatricians, midwives, osteopaths, parents, and baby healthcare professionals, to provide a large number of benefit to babies and parents.
- Sleeping pods save the baby from flat head Syndrome. The scientifically designed headrest keeps the baby's head round and adequately shaped as the headrest provides support to both sides of the head. The headrest does not allow the baby to rest the head in one position throughout the sleep. The weight of the head is evenly distributed when the head stays in a straight place. Hence, providing a round head.
- Most sleeping pods have the feature of an adjustable leg roll, which helps in raising the baby's legs. This, in turn, aids in the process of digestion.
- The perforated foam used to make baby pods facilitates ventilation of air which prevents sweating.
- To introduce external stimuli gradually, the baby should face a slow transition. Making them sleep in the baby pod ensures that they still feel the same they felt in the womb. Hence, they are provided comfort in the outer environment also.
- Sleeping pods help in reducing the pressure on the skull by up to 50%.
- It is lighter and breathable; thus, there will be no heat retention.
- It is easy to clean.
- As it is breathable, it provides a safe and snuggly sleeping environment.
- The babies grow at a rapid rate. Sleeping pods help support the baby from head to toe.
- The fabrics used are home washable. This drives out the colossal dry cleaning expense.
Things to Consider When Buying Sleeping Pods
- Choose a pod which has a firm mattress. Soft mattresses can lead to a risk of SIDS. Moreover, a firm mattress will not sink more than a few millimetres.
- Stay away from memory foam mattresses
- Don’t leave your baby in the sleeping pods unsupervised.
- Sleeping pods are not recommended for overnight sleeping until your baby turns one year old.
- Regularly check to ensure that your baby is not overheating from too many baby blankets or quilts and coverlets while sleeping or has rolled over and their face is in the side padding as these can increase the risk of SIDS and accidental suffocation. Babies should not be left unsupervised during their sleep since most accidents occur during their rest.
Dimensions of Sleeping Pods
Standard sizes of baby pods differ and various stages and ages for newborns till infants.
- 0-6 months - 65 x 46 x 14 cm
- 6 to 24 months - L35.4 xW19.6 xH5.9 inch (90x50x15cm)
- 0 to 12 months - 50 x 25 x 25 cm
Each baby grows differently, so while selecting a baby pod don’t just rely on standard sizes. Choose per your baby's measurements.
How to Take Care of your Sleeping Pods
- It is always advisable to hand wash the sleeping pods, but you can gently machine-wash it.
- When it comes to the spin cycle, opt for the medium spin cycle.
- Please don’t wash it with any other clothing.
- Use cold water.
- Don’t use any oxy products, use only mild detergents as oxy products may cause discolouration, destroying the look of the product.
- Once the pod is washed, please remove it immediately.
- If you wish to use tumble dry, please keep the settings on low.